Monday, October 24, 2016

This week went amazing. I will copy and paste from my email with President Welch so you can read more about it in detail. I love the new area. I was so excited to come here and it has been amazing.  My new companion is Elder Westover. He is from Weiser, Idaho. He is a farm boy who is very hard working. Cool fact, he graduated a year early from high school, he came out here at 18. He was on the wrestling team, took Jui-Jitzu classes and loved to shoot guns and do outdoor things. He also loves to work out so morning workouts get pretty wet. We pretty much take a pre-shower before our shower.  Being a trainer is great. I love it! We do have a car every other week. We switch with Angola. Our address is  1000 Old Brick Rd. Apt. #214, Auburn, IN  46706. I love the place. We are in an upstairs apartment. It needed a bit of cleaning. We are purging the place and it is feeling/looking much much better.
I loved this week, I was able to see time and time again the Lords hand in his work. I have been trying my best to follow every prompting, to always pray when I feel we need guidance or strength, when I am thankful etc... and the spirit has been filling our hearts and this area. We have been receiving so many blessings this week, though we were doubled in that did not stop us because we both know, that if we turn to the Lord and act when prompted, he will guide us where we need to be. We have been blessed with 4 wonderful new investigators and 11 referrals, a few of which were from members and are now some of those new investigators. We have been speaking to everybody and the first day my wonderful companion was willing to be the one to strike up a couple of conversations whether on the street or door approaches etc... I am so proud of him, he is dedicated, motivated, and powerful. Expect great things from Elder Westover, I am confident he will surprise you many times. I could not have been blessed with a greater companion at this time and I feel a great sense of trust from you and the Lord at this time, I am grateful for that. I also know the Lord hears and answers every prayer, there were a few weaker points I wanted to strengthen and he has exactly those things needed to help me grow.
2 awesome miracles. 
1) We received a call about 9:30 from a guy named John who kind of frantic and wanted to meet up as he had just been kicked out of his apartment, I think that is what he said. We set a time for 2:00pm to go see him, 12:50 came around and he called again urging us to come sooner but with no good reason from what he told us. Our 1:00pm apt was a no show, so we went to meet him at the Library and called him on the way, he was excited and said he would be there in 10 minutes. We get there, and call him. No answer, we shoot him a text. No answer... We walk around, in the library and then come out, he is still not there and its been around 20 minutes, we tried calling again with no answer. We felt prompted to walk around the building, as we did we saw a house across the street and I knew we needed to knock on that door. So we did, a 13 year old (Breanna) opens the door and states "hold on, my mom usually meets with you guys". After 5 minutes her mom comes down and speaks with us, not 10 minutes into our conversation she has told us "Im not joining the mormon church" "my uncle is a mormon" "you guys tried by for a year before i let you in last time" well she said she was not interested. With a few inspired questions she opened up about her past few weeks which have been rough, I felt to share how we came to knock on her door and she immediately began to tear up and express how she had been praying for Gods help and knows God sent us to her. Minutes later she said to us "Okay, you guys can come back, I am going to give it a shot because I know God sent you, I also want my children to join us". Then she began to grab food and water for us to eat as we had not had lunch and invited us over Sunday for lunch. (had to reschedule). This experience was a miracle, we have tried calling john multiple times with no answer and I know "John" was one of the Lord servants urging us to get to Garrett so we could speak to one of his so loved daughters.
2) Last night we were driving around with 40 or so minutes left to find something to do. We drove around for a moment and pulled over to get out and speak to a couple people with all rejections, as we headed towards the apartment area we felt prompted to park and get out and start speaking to whomever we could find, so we did. We desired that the Lord would give us the opportunity to share the gospel with atleast 1 more person, after one attempt and rejection Elder Westover says "lets go speak to her!" We walk up to her and ask, can we speak with you for a minute and share a quick scripture. "Sure" she says and sits down on the steps with us, and we begin to feel the spirit enter her heart as we shared about Jesus Christ and how she can come to know of him and the truth of all things by the power and influence of the Holy Ghost which we taught about, she was smiling brightly as she was enlightened to a new understanding and recognition more fully of Gods love for her. I know the Lord will provide us with his Children if we are willing to follow the spirit, I am grateful for that, I love him.
I hope you have an amazing week, I love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment