Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Things are going great here in Hamilton. Elder Glad and I are both being transferred tomorrow and I am training! :D I am going up to Kendallville, Indiana which is right below Angola. I am sooo excited! I love that place!!! :D It is going to be the best!
The other day I was studying John 17, the Lord's intercessory prayer, and I came upon a verse and a quote. John 17:16. "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world." The quote is by David O. McKay and is one of my new favorite quotes. "This question of being in the world but not of it is a question of increasing concern. The world is ever shrinking in size and we come ever closer to the influence and attitudes of others and there are ever more compelling pressures to be as other are, to do as others do, with questions of compromise and of preserving principles. How far to go, how different to be, how to live comfortably among men? One of life's most important problems is learning to get along with the people with whom we live in the world without compromising our principles. One of the plausible ways of getting along with people is to make concessions pertaining to principles or to go the way of the world. "Abandoning principles is no solution to the problem of getting along with people. Indeed, it is false and foolish to suppose that compromising principles will win the respect or acceptance of anyone. Compromising principles isn't getting along with people; it is simply surrender; it is simply self-betrayal. And he who betrays himself is never solidly accepted or respected anywhere by anyone." (Conference Report, April 1959)
I know that what is said in this quote is true. I look back on my life and wish many times that I did not lower my standards or compromise who I was, even on the mission! So I just want to invite you all to remember who you are. To remember that you are sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father and that you have the potential to become like him. In order to become like him though, we have to act like him. I love you all and hope you have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment