Monday, August 8, 2016

Hey Mother, it was a good week. Trying to remember everything that happens is tough, because SO MUCH happens! Its awesome. :)  Elder Glad is an amazing missionary. I love working with him. We work real well together and haven't had a single conflict yet. It's great!  Monday was cool. So we had an appointment with Floyd at 6:00 pm. We met at our meeting spot and he was not there. So we waited 10 minutes and he didn't show. So Elder Glad and I started walking to a new spot and I felt impressed to go speak to a guy down an alley way, so we did. As we spoke to the guy we found a close loved one had recently died of heroine overdose. As we bore our testimonies he invited us to come back. As we asked for a referral he sent us to someone else. As we contacted that lady, (Connie), she was willing to give it a shot and let us come back. And then referred us to her neighbor 2 doors down (Ashley) who then became interested as well. As we were walking away from speaking to Ashley, another man (Mike) ran out of the home and called us back over telling us that he wanted to start learning and coming to church as he had a 6 week old child. While not much has happened with these people (yet) it was a real neat experience. As we followed the spirit, those "generous thoughts" the Lord directs us where we need to be. Within 40 minutes we found 4 new people to teach and were on our way to our next lesson.
We also had a real funny experience. We were teaching a returning member and this drunk guy (roommates family member I think?) comes out and is like in love with me instantly. In a way that is not attraction. But the way that someone would love Christ and yearn to be with him in a sense. He was drunk so he was acting oddly and was very physical and emotional and I was working hard so that I wouldn't be kissed by this man. But you could tell that he felt something from me but didn't know what it was and didn't want me to leave. What he was feeling was the Holy Ghost. And it touched his heart. While it was a really uncomfortable and funny experience, of around 20 minutes with him being inches from my face, holding my hands, crying on my shoulder, and hugging me. It dawned on me later, that is a little of what Christ felt while he was here on the earth. People realize the light he has and are so drawn to it. It's really stuck out to me this week the counsel given in Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine forth, that they may see your good works, that they may glorify your father which is in heaven".
It was a great week and I hope to hear from you! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment