Monday, June 13, 2016

We found 16 new investigators last week which is awesome! I think the highest of my mission if I remember correctly for 1 week. :) Things have been going really well here other than that too, Brad came out teaching with us for the first time and loved it! And he has got his temple recommend, the priesthood and is ready to go to the temple Saturday. :) It's going to be such a  sweet experience, so excited for him. And me too, I love the temple. :) When was the last time you and dad went to the temple? OH! How has the scripture reading and praying as a family been going?  Lets see, what else this week? We had zone meeting which was really good, and today as a zone we went and played a game called goal ball. Its a game for blind people! At a facility for handicapped people down in ft. wayne and a member works there so we got to go play. :)
Our zone broke a zone record and taught 99 lessons to investigators with a member present. Our zone of 3 personally had 39 of them, us and the auburn elders had 15 each and the kendallville sisters had 9. But they also had 1 baptism which was super cool! So I did a baptismal interview for an Amber McGee a couple weeks ago and she asked me to baptize her! So that was really neat, she is awesome and I was so thrilled when she asked me too. :)   Also on Saturday we got to take Brad Barnes and Mark Kimpel to the temple and that was a real sweet experience. They had such a great time. Mark Kimpel also got a blessing from President Loechinguer and we gave it to him in the baptistry so that was pretty neat! It was funny though, one of the older fellows that I baptized in the temple couldn't keep his knees down and would get super stiff (in his 80's probably) and the temple worker was like "you just need to do it quick, just push and shove him down" haha! But his knees kept coming up so on our like 4th failed attempt we had Mark come in to help out by holding his legs under, it was cool :) It was an awesome week, still growing lots and loving the work!
Transfers are also this week and there is very little change in the mission it seems like with President Welch coming in the last week of June. Only 2 people in our zone are leaving and that's the 2 that are dying and going home. So I'm staying!! Wahoo, I love this place so much. :) And my companion, he is great!
Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful week, I love you!












No comments:

Post a Comment