Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Good morning! This week was great. I want to thank you all for any prayers on behalf of Larry. He came to church this past week (2nd time) and is now living the word of wisdom which is outstanding. He is pushing strong towards being prepared for his baptism on June 24th and I am excited to continue to witness the change in him. He is learning well and loves what he learns. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. There is not a whole lot more to update on from this week, so I'll bear my testimony instead.
I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that God lives and he is our Father who loves us more than we can comprehend. I know that God has a perfect plan for each of us to make it back to live with him. Times can be difficult in life. We will also go through trials but I know that as we put our trust in God he will deliver us from our trials and afflictions. I love you all and have a great week!

Hello and good morning everybody. This week I want to express how proud of Larry I am. He is making great changes in his life. There are many times in which I feel he meets the standards for baptism listed in D&C 20:37.  He is working towards baptism on the 24th of June still, and his interview is on Friday. Please keep him in your prayers that he may continue to strengthen his faith and grow his testimony of these things. I would be so grateful.
There was a scripture I read this morning. D&C 64:33 "Wherefore, be not weary in well doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work, and out of small things proceedeth that which is great." Each little thing we do, each prayer, each minute we spend pondering or reading the scriptures, when we partake of the sacrament etc... builds our foundation and leads to something great. It leads us along the path to eternal life. Keep doing the small things my friends, I promise it will be worth it. I love you all.

Good morning everybody! It's a beautiful day here in Indiana. What a joy it is being a missionary. This morning,while Elder Smith was getting his hair cut, we had a lovely religious chat with the lady cutting his hair. This to me is just a perfect example of how the gospel can be shared everywhere we go.
This past week we had a visit from Elder and Sister Dyches from the second quorum of the 70. It was excellent! Sister Dyches spoke about our divine identity as children of God and shared how even with our weakness' God will support us and strengthen us (Moses 6:27, 31-34).  Elder Dykes taught about becoming a masterful teacher, planner, and finder. It was excellent training!
Larry has now had his baptismal interview and will be getting baptized this Saturday at 6:00pm. Please be praying for him daily to be strengthened in his testimony and conversion and ability to resist the devil. Thank you for everything. Love you all!
Larry is doing great, he is still learning to recognize the spirit, we had a funny experience though. Right before his baptismal interview with President Welch we witnessed a baptism and after it he turned to Elder Jasinski (we were on exchanges) and said, "Something magical just happened" and through talking with Elder Jasinski he realized that magical thing he felt was the spirit. Hahaha. Larry is great!  He was quite nervous for his baptism though. As he stood up to go into his interview he says to us, "Like a lamb going to the slaughter." Hehe. He is a funny man.



















No comments:

Post a Comment